Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Status||Enabled at block 9,069,000|
Istanbul is a hard fork on Ethereum.
Specification[edit | edit source]
Enable the following EIPs:
- EIP-152: Add Blake2 compression function F precompile
- EIP-1108: Reduce alt_bn128 precompile gas costs
- EIP-1344: Add ChainID opcode
- EIP-1884: Repricing for trie-size-dependent opcodes
- EIP-2028: Calldata gas cost reduction
- EIP-2200: Rebalance net-metered SSTORE gas cost with consideration of SLOAD gas cost change
Reviews[edit | edit source]
The Ethereum upgrade applied the full Istanbul feature upgrade set. Several considerations were mentioned during this feature upgrade set review:
- Consideration on Blake2 precompile parameters. It was under debate whether the
roundparameter would be useful, or would be following the hashing algorithm's specification. It is later concluded that this may be useful for some applications, so leaving it there does no harm.
- Consideration on EIP-1884 backward incompatibility. It is known that EIP-1884 will break some on-chain contracts. See security review for more details.