Sky Island 68
|Next||Red Coast Base|
Sky Island 68 is the third upgrade, and the first online upgrade of Kulupu blockchain.
Runtime change[edit | edit source]
- Transaction base fees are now burned, with tips paid to miners. This is to mitigate the issue that miners have incentives to artificially fill in the whole block to game the fee changing algorithm. As a nice side-effect, it slightly counters the coin emission as well.
- Weight adjustments to better reflect runtime costs.
Process[edit | edit source]
The online upgrade goes through Kulupu's democracy module:
- Proposal (from era 1 block 15,048 to 20,160).
- Referendum (on-going, from era 1 block 20,160 to 30,240).
- Activation (if passed referendum, at era 1 block 41,760).
Voting[edit | edit source]
During referendum, you can use the polkadot.js wallet to vote (select "Kulupu" network and go to "Democracy" tab).